In this article here, we will brief you on the steps to get and use the WhatsApp Application on your Windows or Mac devices. WhatsApp is probably the most used social media messenger on planet earth. Everyone knows about this spectacular app and hence now it is also out as WhatsApp for PC version in the market.
Recently, the folks over at the WhatsApp development team have introduced a new feature called “WhatsApp Web”. Not many of the users are aware of this amazing update. It is a great feature that lets you use the same account on your smartphone as well as your PC.
Let’s see what this feature has in store for us. We will see its features and how to download and use it on your PC and Mac. Let’s dive into the possibilities that WhatsApp can provide us.
WhatsApp for PC Download
In this particular section, we will learn how to use WhatsApp for PC in a very simple way. We have prepared a very simple tutorial that will make you understand the process very easily. Now, if you have a Windows PC or a Mac, you can easily use WhatsApp for both of them.
The way in which you can use the WhatsApp for PC is with the help of an Android emulator. An Android emulator is an application which basically mimics the way Android OS. By doing this, it allows you to run any Android application on your PC. Bluestacks is the best emulator and we are going to use that one in this method.
We are also going to use the same method to run WhatsApp for PC version. Before moving on to the actual process of downloading and installing the app on your PC, we must make sure that your PC has the following specs.
- You must have a 64-bit processor on your PC.
- There must be at least 2 GB RAM to ensure the lag free performance of the apps.
- Free space of at least 4 GB should be available on the hard disk to accommodate the data of Bluestacks and the apps that you are going to install.
Most of the PCs have these specs mentioned above, so you shouldn’t worry much about them. After you have checked for these specs on your PC, then we can move on to the actual steps needed to download and install WhatsApp for PC. Keep in mind that this method will work for Windows as well as a Mac.
- Head over to the official website of Bluestacks and download the setup file for Windows or Mac, whichever you have. You can get the Bluestacks setup file from here.
- After the download is complete, double-click on the setup file and start the installation process.
- Once Bluestacks installation is complete, it will ask you to sign-up to access its services. Enter your credentials and get started.
- After the installation and sign-up process is complete, you will have to download the WhatsApp APK file.
- You can download the APK file from here.
- Once the download is complete, right-click on the file and select “Open with Bluestacks” and Bluestacks will install WhatsApp on your PC.
- Another way that you can install the app is by launching Bluestacks and type “WhatsApp” in the search bar and select “Search play for WhatsApp” This will redirect you to the Google Play Store page of the app. You can install it from there.
- As soon as it is installed, open the app. It will ask you to enter your phone number in order to create an account.
- Enter your number and you will receive a text message containing a verification code. Enter that code into the app and your account will be created in no time.
- After that, you will have to enter your name and set a profile picture. This finishes the WhatsApp sign-up process.
There you go. That was the whole process to download and install WhatsApp for PC. As you have seen, the process itself is very easy and you can follow it and get the app working on your PC. This process works for both Windows and Mac platform.
In the next part of the article, we will take a look at the newest feature of the app; WhatsApp web. It is a truly amazing feature and can be used with either of the smartphone and PC platforms. So, without any further ado, we will move on to the next section.
Features of Web WhatsApp
In this article, we will see the features of WhatsApp Web, which is essentially a web extension of your account that you can use on your PC. You can get this extension by going to web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR code with your smartphone. It is very similar to using the WhatsApp for PC version of the app.
After you scan the QR code on your smartphone, your account will be automatically synced with the PC and you will be able to use the same account across two different devices. All the conversations that you have on your phone, all the media that you receive and send on WhatsApp, will get sync with PC.
This way, you can access all your information of your account through your PC. WhatsApp Web is truly an amazing invention. If you are having a really important conversation with your friend or anyone important and your battery runs out, then you can easily use WhatsApp Web to continue that conversation without any worries.
So, without any further ado, go to the official website and get WhatsApp Web. This feature is definitely worth giving a shot. Just open the app on your phone, select WhatsApp Web from options and scan the QR code from the official website.
Web WhatsApp for Windows 10/8/8.1/7
First of all, we will tell you a little about the amazing feature developed by the development team. With this awesome feature called “WhatsApp Web”, you can simultaneously use one account across two devices, i.e. your smartphone and your PC or Mac.
The web-oriented WhatsApp for PC is a computer extension of the same app with slightly different setup only. Whatever you do on your account on your smartphone fully and easily syncs with your PC. You can view all the chats and conversations on your PC using this extension. To use it, you just have to click on “this link” and scan the QR code and you can use the extension.
Web WhatsApp for Mac Download App
You can use the web extension of WhatsApp for Mac also in a similar fashion to using it for windows. It doesn’t matter which smartphone you have, as long as it can scan a QR code. All you have to do is grab your smartphone and open WhatsApp.
From the main screen, go to the options menu by clicking on the options button on the top-right corner of the screen. From the options list, click on “WhatsApp Web” and scan the QR code by opening “this link” on your Mac. In this way, you can use the Web services for WhatsApp for Mac easily.
How to use WhatsApp
For the new comers in this field, WhatsApp is a social messenger and media sharing app. It lets you send text messages and media as well as documents to your friends and loved ones. You can even make groups with a number of people and engage in group conversations
Let’s see how to use WhatsApp for PC in detail.
- The first thing you need to do is to have a working phone number and WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Launch the app and create an account using your phone number. After you have created your account, you can a screen with three options on the top; calls, chats, and contacts.
- All the contacts in your phone who also have a WhatsApp account will show up in the Contacts portion. You can click on any contact and send them a text message or a pic or a video.
- Furthermore, you can change your profile picture by going to Settings from the options menu. There you can view and change your status too.
- In the privacy option, you can decide who can view your profile picture, last seen, and status.
- If you want to send the same message to a number of people, then you can create a broadcast list and all those people in it. Send that message to that list and it will be delivered to all the people in the list.
- You can even audio call or video call your contacts. Go to the call screen, tap the phone icon with a little + beside it and select the contact that you want to call.
This was the simple guide on how to use the app. The app is very easy to use and it doesn’t require any major specs. So all you have to do is just follow the simple steps and get to know the app in detail. You can enjoy WhatsApp for iPad & iPhone App.
So, guys, that’s it. Our article on how to get the WhatsApp for PC version Download for Mac & Window. We hope we have a helped you a bit, if not immensely, with this article. If you have any queries regarding WhatsApp web or any other topics, then contact us at WhatsUply. Thank you, dear readers.