Here is an article for all our readers who wish to know on How to use Whatsapp (Unknown facts and features). We know that Whatsapp has been making quite some changes in its platform recently. Well, besides the regular app features there are some unknown facts that you would like to explore with us here.
Whatsapp is a cross-platform media and text messaging giant that all users of the smartphone devices are familiar with. If you do not know about Whatsapp, you are surely living under a rock as it is a very popular application in the market.
Well, we will brief all on the latest features that Whatsapp has upgraded and some unknown ones that you would enjoy reading about. Go through this article to know more on how to use Whatsapp like a pro.
How to get started with Whatsapp?
Before we jump to the latest features of the application, we are obliged to discuss it from the very beginning. For users who are somehow new to the app, definitely, require the description of procedure on its setup. Well, the application is compatible with several major OS platforms including Android and iOS. You can even start with WhatsApp Login Online & Sign Up Process quickly here.
Therefore, to start with, users simply have to download and install the app on their devices. For Android users, the best source is the Google Play Store and similarly, for the iOS device, it is the iTunes App Store. After installing the app, the users have to provide their phone number there and verify it with the pin code. After verification, the users will have full access to the services of the Whatsapp application.
Once the verification completes, the user is directed to the profile setup page where a profile picture, the username and the text status can be set by the user. Then, the chat page will open where the user can easily scroll through contacts to the ‘image-status’ options. The user-interface of the application is very simple for the user to understand the process and functions.
How to use Whatsapp and its functions?
Now that you are in, you are going to be able to access all of the features that Whatsapp provides. We are going to guide you through the basic features of the Whatsapp Messenger & how it works in this section of the article. There are plenty of things that you can send via the Whatsapp services. Here are the steps to send a particular item from your device to another Whatsapp user;
- To send messages; For any kind of chat, private or group, you will see the text box at the lower end of the screen. To open up a chat, you may type the person’s name on the search bar or simply scroll through your contact list on Whatsapp. You will be able to type a type a text, paste a copied/cut message and also you can include emojis of various kinds into the message. Whatsapp messaging is famous for its unique emojis that brings a fizz in the experience.
- To bold, italic or strikethrough text the message; This has been a hidden feature for quite some time and others aren’t still aware of it. If you wish to bold a particular part of the text, simply put up the * symbol in front and at the end of the phrase. To make the text italics, simply add _ at the end and beginning of the phrase and if you wish to strikethrough a statement then put the ∼ symbol at both sides of the phrase.
- To attach different files; On the top right side of the chat, you will see the attach symbol which on tapping will open up the menu to attach different files. There is an option to send images, video, music, document, location, and contact. After selecting the desired type of media that you wish to send you will be directed to its source. For example, the music files will open up the library where you can preview and select a track to share. Similarly, you can select the contact from your contact list.
- To make Whatsapp calls: The Whatsapp calling feature is also active for all of its users. With no respect to international boundaries or of any sort, the calls can be made to any Whatsapp user on your list. Simply select the call option in the menu of the chat. You ca make the video call if your device supports front cam and voice calls for all devices. The calls are also free and only require a good connection to the internet services.
- Whatsapp Web: This is the web or online feature for the users to access the Whatsapp services on their PC devices. It is very simple to use this. The users will have to use their PC and access the Whatsapp Web website. The QR code will appear on the screen that you will have to scan via your device. To access the scanner, on your Whatsapp application, click the Whatsapp web option. Scan the QR code and the chat page will appear on your PC device.
- Starred Messages: When scrolling in a long chat, you seem to loose your important information or message. Well, this feature of the Whatsapp application allows users to star their favorite or important messages. Users can read these messages again later whenever they want. This way the users will not have to scroll the whole chat to look for that message. To see the Starred messages, there is a special option under the menu of each chat.
- Image-status: This is a feature like the Instagram and Facebook stories adapted from Snapchat. It defines a status presentation in form of a short video, image or music clip that the users can compile and display. This Status lasts for 24 hours after which the system removes them from the application. This is the latest feature that Whatsapp developers have incorporated in its system.
Having a blast with the information already? Well, imagine the use of the app personally when it is at your disposal. You can easily enjoy all these features of the WhatsApp on your android devices for free. With time, there are more features that the developers are going to put to test so don’t hang back now. Start using Whatsapp as soon as you can.
We have now reached the parting section of our article. We hope that all our readers now know How to use Whatsapp thoroughly from this article. If there is any query or if you wish to send us your feedback then inbox us at Whatsuply. Thank you.