You have reached this article in search for the one stop solution to know how to Download WhatsApp Messenger on your Android, iPad and PC/Mac devices here. We have written this article for our readers to understand about the WhatsApp Download procedure for these devices and also the use of the online web services of the application itself.
WhatsApp is a worldwide recognized application for the mobile devices and now can be used on PCs too for communication and social networking among personalized space. The whole world is familiar with the app but we are here to explain it out clearly to all our readers through the amazing features and provisions of the WhatsApp application.
If you wish to get the WhatsApp download for your Android, iPad or PCs then this article is the best guide for you to follow.
About WhatsApp Web Messenger
WhatsApp Web Messenger service was introduced in 2015 to support the user’s account from his/her computer instead of the app on mobile devices. Mostly synchronization of the data and backup storage is done using the WhatsApp web Messengerservice. Due to platform limitations, the Web service does not support iPhone devices.
Using the WhatsApp Web, users can manage their messages and account details on their computer and mobile device as well. This means that does not link with another different account for a single user. It links the same mobile Account but allows access on the computer device at the same time without losing access on the mobile device.
For using the WhatsApp Web Messenger, users also have to crosscheck some requirements as stated below:
- Users must be active user or atleast have an account of WhatsApp on their Mobile device.
- Decent internet connection for continuous access to data throughout the sync procedure.
- Update your Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera browsers on your computer.
Now, to use the WhatsApp Web, follow the steps here accordingly:
- On your computer, open one of the above-mentioned browsers and visit the following website:
- You will reach the QR code screen on your computer and then wait there.
- On your Mobile device in which you are using the WhatsApp Download App, launch it and go to “menu” options and you will find the “WhatsApp Web Messenger” option in some menu. The location is different for different devices as shown in the picture above.
- Now scan the QR code on the computer screen using the mobile device after selecting the appropriate option.
- Raise your mobile camera to scan the QR code on the computer screen.
- The system will automatically scan and identify the device.
Finally, the WhatsApp Web Messenger service is ready and you can now monitor the messages and manage your app Account on your computer. You can log out of the Web service anytime and continue using your mobile Whatsapp application as usual.
WhatsApp Login, Sign up & Account Verification
Many people have already gone through the steps that we are going to discuss now. It is our obligation to explain the Sign-up and Account verification steps so that readers who are new to this app can easily get through the process without difficulty.
It is important to note the following points before you understand the WhatsApp signup and account verification process;
- Make sure you have a valid SMS plan and incoming calls feature on the sim, using which you are creating the WhatsApp account.
- Users cannot use a number that they do not use or do not have access to.
- Always have a working internet plan for successfully completing the verification and setup process.
Here are the steps that you need to follow to successfully Sign up and verify your WhatsApp Account:
- Launch the WhatsApp Android App on your mobile or PC device.
- You will see the page to enter your mobile number in the gaps provided. The country code selection tab is available for you to refer and select accordingly.
- Enter the country code on the left and number on the right.
- Tap next and wait till the verification message enters your inbox.
- You will be directed to the page where you have to enter the confirmation code.
- A six (6) digit verification code will be sent by SMS to you in a matter of minutes.
- WhatsApp will try to automatically detect the message sent to your device.
- Enter the code manually if it cannot detect automatically.
- In case you timed out or did not receive the message in time, then you can opt for the verification code on call.
- Select the appropriate option to receive a call from the system and revert the code to you through the code.
- Enter the correct code and let the system authenticate the code.
- On successful verification of the code, your WhatsApp account will be ready.
- You can upload a profile picture, name and status line of your choice as the initial profile setup.
Select next and allow the app to setup accordingly. Your contact on the device will be scanned and automatically WhatsApp will detect existing contacts to chat with. In case your verification process fails one time, switch off your phone and then restart it. Then again go for the same process to get it correct this time.
How to send texts and media in WhatsApp
In this section of the article, we will brief our readers with the steps to send text messages and various media files like audio, video, pictures, documents etc. Also, users can use the new feature to send locations to contacts. There are some simple and some tricky ways to send the media files as we have discussed here.
Consider the steps according to the type of media of message you want to send:
- Text Messages: open any chat and on tap on the text box open the virtual device keyboard. Type in the message that you wish to send and then hit the send button which is right next to the text box. The users can send texts of any length. There is an emoticon option to open up the emoticons that can be used to decorate your message. Users can send the emoticons of their choice like any text messages.
- Documents: To send documents through the WhatsApp Download App, users must follow the given steps as shown here:
- Select the documents option in the media menu of the App.
- Select the file that you wish to send when the list appears.
- All PDF, XLS, DOC, PPT files can be sent and received through this option.
- A preview will appear and finally select send option.
- Audio: For this option select the appropriate “Audio” option in the menu. A new screen with all the music files in the device will load up. The user can play the song before sending to verify the file and then finally hit send.
- Images/Videos: Select the “Gallery” option to choose between video files or images. The folders and files will be sorted according to file location and user will select the desired choice from the icons. Finally, hit send and allow the upload to complete.
- Location: A new feature in WhatsApp is that users can send their location or any other location using the maps that can be sync with its ‘location’ feature. Select the option and then on the map, tap the location to send to your desired contact.
- Contact: To send a contact through the WhatsApp App;
- Open the chat with whom you want to share a contact and select the ‘contact’ option to open the contact list of your device first.
- Then choose the contact whose information you want to send.
- Finally, hit “send” to transfer the contact information.
So, now you can get started with the chatting experience and easily send different media files by following these few simple steps. You can also easily forward one’s images or media files simply by selecting the file, then click forward option and select the contact to which you want to forward the media file. In the next section of the article, we will describe the alternatives to the WhatsApp Download in the market.
Best WhatsApp Alternatives
Apart from WhatsApp, there are several competitive apps that have similar features. Due to the merger of the app with Facebook officials, many system changes have come about and people are not really happy with this. So, for some reasons more, users can opt for Alternatives of the app.
In our article, we are relentless to the fact that users can also look for better alternative apps than the WhatsApp. Hence, to help out such readers, we have collected a small list of the best alternatives to the WhatsApp Download App. Here is the list with a short description for our readers:
- Kik Messenger:
- Compatible with a large variety of OS devices out there, this app is able to send and receive text and media messages over its platform for free. Its users do not have to provide their mobile numbers but just have to sign up with an account and unique username to use the service. The app also does not feature the calling tool yet but is quite efficient for messaging. Additionally, Kik messenger is the world’s first messaging app with an in-built browser for its users.
- Line Messenger:
- Line Messenger is the strongest competitor of the WhatsApp Android App. It offers its users with text and media messaging, video and voice calling through its network. Additionally, in Line messenger users can send different stickers to their contacts to convey some message and add creativity. Line App is available on Android, iOS, OS X, Blackberry, Windows phone & Windows PC.
- This app is another similar app which is closely comparative to the WhatsApp. Reviews claim that telegram is a replica of the WhatsApp Download app with respect to the features, yet the former is creating a difference with new developments. WhatsApp users had to shift to Telegram when its servers did not work. Eventually, due to the shift itself, the new Telegram user’s became permanent users of it. If you are looking for a decent alternative then Telegram App is the right choice for you. Telegram is also available on Android, iOS, and PCs.
- This app allows messaging and calling features through the internet on its platform. Users can engage in chats and calls with people on their contact lists and can also make new friends. This is also a trending and amazing alternative app to the WhatsApp Download. Tango allows upto 300 people group chats so the user can easily find and know more people through chats. Furthermore, Tango has inbuilt gaming options to keep its users entertained.
- Facebook messenger:
- The prodigy of the social networking sites arrives with its app as an alternative here to the WhatsApp download App. Facebook users can easily chat and share media files through the Facebook Messenger App. The user does not have to create different logins as the app uses the Facebook account credentials. This helps users to chat with their Facebook contacts whose numbers they do not even have.
There are several more alternatives to the WhatsApp Download in the market like WeChat, KakaoTalk Messenger, Viber, Skype, etc. Our readers can use these alternatives or search more from the internet and get them. Next, we will see some hidden features of the WhatsApp application on your devices.
Hidden Features of WhatsApp
The known features that we will discuss are officially explained and used by all users across the world, but there are several tricks or hidden features in the WhatsApp Android App which are applicable in some devices. We are going to disclose these hidden tools or features in the App here.
For our readers especially, here are some of the hidden features as stated below;
- BOLD and ITALICS fonts: In almost all WhatsApp text box, there is no bold or italics option for text formatting. Although some messages that we receive are in bold and italics. The user cannot do this by simply typing in the word document in bold or italics format and then paste it in the WhatsApp text box. The message will still be normal text. So, to get through this you have to do the following:
- For Bold texts: type * symbol before and after the text eg: *Hello* and you will get “Hello“
- For Italics: type _ symbol before and after the texts eg: _hello_ to get “hello“
- Data saving: Many users do not know that you can save access flow of data from the app as it provides a filter o the network when not in use. To initiate this option, follow these steps:
- On your WhatsApp Application, got to “Settings > Data usage”
- From there, users can control the auto-download feature for different media messages when connected to different network connections. The user can also switch the “Low data usage” option on to revert less data consumption while attending WhatsApp calls.
- Star Messages: Many users still cannot figure out how to star a message and what is the use of the star messages. Sometimes, some messages like a contact or address details can be sent to you and when you prolong the chat, you cannot find the message from older messages. The importance of the star message is to retain it whenever you want to see that information without having to scroll the entire chat for it. To star a message simply:
- long press on the message that you want to star.
- The message will highlight and new options will emerge on the top of the screen.
- Select the star looking icon to mark the message.
- You will see a small star on the message.
- To view the starred messages simply click on the name of the chat and scroll down to see all the starred messages in the information.
So, these were some of the hidden and confusing features that might be useful to our readers while using the WhatsApp App. With time, the app’s developers are bringing in more features with each update so keep reading for more information on the internet to find out about them.
Main Features of WhatsApp
WhatsApp Messenger is a tool for communication and sharing media over its platform from one user to one or several users at a time. When introduced in the market, it rocked the world and people became its fans. A worldwide spread of news and promotion of the app gave it the most number of downloads when the app was acquired by Facebook as on the 19th Feb. 2014.
The free application’s statistics shows that around 2013, about 200 million users were active participants and by the year 2016 about 1 billion active accounts emerged. So, the growth and usage of this app are tremendous as the statistics show. To back this information, we are going to discuss the functions and features offered by the WhatsApp App to its users.
Here are some of the key features of the WhatsApp Download App:
- It is a revolutionary text chatting app for users.
- Every user has free access to its service and they can use the app whenever they want with data connectivity.
- To use the services, the user must register his/her valid mobile number. Upon verification of the number, the user can set up his/her profile with a ‘Profile picture’, ‘name’ and also provide a phrase or statement as their ‘status’.
- The WhatsApp ‘Dp’, name and status can be changed anytime by the user without losing their account details.
- Accounts can also be re-initiated on another device provided the verification is done properly.
- The App will sync the user’s device for contacts with registered WhatsApp accounts and update the ‘Contacts’ list in the app for the user to chat with valid account members.
- It has various inbuilt fonts that users can change by using different typing codes on their text box.
- Addition to the texts, users can send different emoticons from the menu. The app presents unique emoticons and categorization for them too. Users can combine texts and emoticons to sway their messages in stylish and unique manner.
- There is a “Last seen” feature in WhatsApp that displays the last opened time of the App on the user’s device. This feature has developed through stages and can be personalized as to the fact that people can show the “Last seen” or not and whom to show and whom to not.
- It offers ‘End-to-end encryption’ of the messages and items that users send over its platform. This is a security measure undertaken by the developers to keep the real messages hidden and cannot be decrypted by any service in between. Only the sender and recipient can see the message over the whole network medium.
- Users can send images to other WhatsApp user(s) from the device storage or by using the device camera.
- It is also compatible to send audio and video media files through the app. Users can send audio files or music files of different formats like m4a, mp3, opus, wav, etc. For Video files 3gp, mp4, MOV, etc formats are applicable.
- The new feature of WhatsApp Download App is it allows users to send documents through its platform now. Documents and files with formats like pdf, Xls, doc, etc can be sent via the app now with the new support.
- It has various security and privacy features like block option. The users can block any unknown or inappropriate user from sending messages to him/her by adding the user to “block user”. The system will block the person’s messages (text and media) from the user.
- Users can create groups by accumulating contacts of different users and the messages sent in the group can be viewed by all members of the group. The user creating the group is the admin of the particular group and he/she can assign more admins too from the members of the group.
- Using the broadcast feature, one user can send a common text to several chosen users at the same time without personally sending to each user. Messages like “Happy New Year” or “Merry Christmas”, etc can be sent using this Broadcast feature to several contacts at the same time.
These are some basic features of the WhatsApp Download App. Its users understand that there is quite more than the features mentioned here. Nevertheless, these features will guide any new user to go through the app smoothly and understand them within no time.
In conclusion to the article here. We hope all our reader have now understood the procedures to Download WhatsApp on Android, iPad, and PC devices. We would like to thank our readers for completing this detailed article. If you have any query or wish to send your feedback then write to us at Whatsuply.